The Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Warzone The season four roadmap is officially here, giving us an idea of what’s going to happen from both games this week and the months ahead. New maps, modes, and a limited-time event support the story’s next step, while a new round-based Zombies map coming mid-season will help advance Dark Aether’s storyline. There are also plenty of new weapons to earn, and plenty of other surprises to come when Season Four launches on June 17.
The Duty blog released all the details you need to know about the upcoming season, including the roadmap below (click to enlarge):
Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Warzone Season Four Roadmap
Ground Fall Event
Like the Season 3 “Hunt for Adler” event, this new event kicks off the Season 4 story in earnest, with players earning rewards for completing unique objectives with SAT links in Warzone and Black Ops Cold War. More details about this event are available on the limited-time event tab in each game’s menu.
Three new operators
- Jackal: Warsaw Pact (Launch, Battle Pass) – Jackal is the main villain in season four, the new Perseus operator in South Africa that Stitch was talking about. He will be unlocked at Rank 0 of the Season Four Battle Pass, with a new “Ultra-Rarity” skin available at Tier 100. Treyarch will provide more details on Ultra-Rarity Operator skins in the Battle Pass analysis on June 15 .
- Salah: NATO (in season, premium bundle) – A new CIA agent, he is an expert on counter-terrorism and hostage taking. Salah comes mid-season as part of a premium bundle.
- Weaver: NATO (in season, premium bundle) – After Samantha Maxis joins the fray following her rescue at the end of the Firebase Z Zombies Easter Egg quest, Requiem’s very own Grigori Weaver takes the fight. His launch skin is based on his original Black Ops model, complete with the recent loss of his eye. Weaver will be available as a Premium bundle later in the season.
Five new weapons (free for all players)
- MG82: LMG (Launch, Battle Pass Tier 15)
- C58: Assault Rifle (Launch, Battle Pass Tier 31)
- nail gun: special (Black Ops Cold War)/SMG (war zone) (Launch, Challenges or Premium Bundles)
- OTs 9: SMG (in season, challenges or premium bundles)
- Mace: Melee (in-season, challenges, or premium bundles)
BLACK OPS COLD WAR FREE CONTENT:
Four multiplayer maps
- Collateral (12v12) and Collateral Strike (6v6) (Launch) – Map under the sun in Algeria, the same location where the CIA satellite crashed. There is an abandoned village, an oil well and surrounding dunes, making this a perfect map for both Combined Arms game with vehicles and the tighter 6v6 Strike version of the map that focuses on one area.
- Amsterdam (2v2 and 3v3) (Launch) – Based on the opening mission of Black Ops Cold War, this sleek map puts you on the rooftops of Amsterdam in smaller player modes.
- Hijacked (6v6) (Launch) – The return of a classic Black Ops II card, all of Hijakced is aboard a yacht in the ocean, including a lot of verticality through the labyrinthine decks of the boars.
- Rush (6v6) (in season) – Another return Black Ops II map, Rush is a remastered paintball-themed arena map, with tight zones in the center for close combat and longer distances in the external buildings.
New multiplayer modes
- Multi-Team: Sat-Link (launch) – The Fireteam playlist gets a different mode with Sat-Link, where ten squads of four fight to capture and turn on Sat-Links to upload data
- One in the Hall (Launch) – A recurring favorite of Black Ops, this mode gives players a very deadly bullet and three very fragile lives. You’ll need to get kills to get more bullets, and you may have to resort to deadly melee attacks if you miss your shot.
- Capture the flag (in season) – A longstanding multiplayer staple, Capture the Flag asks players to capture and return flags to home base, while protecting their own. You can only score if your own flag stays in your home base.
New Scorestreak – The Hand Cannon
Eight high-caliber bullets fill this semi-automatic hand cannon, whose shots will prove deadly wherever they strike. Also effective against vehicles and scoring streaks.
Desperate times call for “desperate measures”, and those who embark on that mission Black Ops Cold War‘s Campaign knows the power of the hand cannon.
A chambered semi-automatic pistol in a ridiculously high caliber round, the hand cannon deals deadly damage anywhere on the body, as the sheer kinetic impact incapacitates any operator at the very least, or blasts them to smithereens with a well-placed shot.
The hand cannon can also deal significant damage to Scorestreaks from enemy vehicles, especially those on the ground, but with only eight rounds in its chamber, it can be worth using them all on infantry troops.
A New Outbreak Region, Main Quest and Intel in Zombies – Zoo
Zoo is a new Outbreak region with a zoo overrun by zombies! In addition, Outbreak will receive a new story Easter egg, Operation Excision. This Easter egg hunt will lead to…
A New Round-Based Zombies Map Experience – Mauer der Toten (Mid Season)
The next part of the Zombies story takes place in East Berlin after a massive zombie outbreak. Treyarch promises that this new round-based map will bring new twists, turns and threats, with plenty of surprises and more to be shared soon.
New Attack Content (PlayStation Only) (Launch and In-Season)
Collateral and Rush are coming to Onslaught in season four, along with the limited-time “Onslaught Accelerated” mode and a Legendary LMG weapon blueprint for completing an attack-specific challenge.
WARZONE FREE CONTENT
New Points of Interest – Satellite Crash Locations (Launch)
The face of Verdansk changes again, with satellite crash sites impacting the landscape, leaving behind rubble and traces of destruction. Securing these Sat Links is part of the limited-time Ground Fall event.
Red doors (launch)
The Red Doors have been plagued since we launched in Verdansk in the 80’s, and players have seen them scattered across the map, but now it looks like they’re going to do something. Here’s what Raven has to say about them:
Our information cannot explain the origin of these mysterious red doors around Verdansk, but one thing is certain: they allow you to [[REDACTED]]around the [[REDACTED]]. What’s behind it? Explore and enter them to [[REDACTED]]across the [[REDACTED]].
Red doors not won [[REDACTED]]unless you ping them, and after you go through them there’s nothing to say [[REDACTED]]go out on the other side … and in one step [[REDACTED]].
The Red Door was a prominent thing in the Black Ops Cold War campaign, and it seems they have something to do with the numbers program. Many think this is the game’s new fast-travel system, although it looks like it could be random.
Hijacked Gulag (launch)
A new Gulag experience mimics the hijacked map, a multiplex recreation of the yacht’s inner area.
New Vehicle – Dirt Bike (Launch)
The first new vehicle added to Warzone, the dirt bike, should change the experience quite a bit with a new option to compete with the ATV.
Nakatomi Plaza is now Downtown Tower (launch)
Nakatomi Plaza is staying in Verdansk after the ’80s Action Heroes event. No longer called Die Hard’s iconic name, the “Downtown Tower” remains in the city under new management. The vault has been stripped of its riches, but all the tactics you learned for this POI remain the same.
New game modes
- Verdansk Resurgence Mini (launch) – A better imitation of the Rebirth Island Resurgence mode. No Gulag, higher quality items, extreme clarity of enemy positions after eliminating a squad member, a revival timer, and special supply boxes that replenish over time. And you have a smaller group of players, up to 45, with a smaller starting circle to keep the game exciting.
- Payload (mid-season) – Warzone’s first ever objective based game mode. 40 players will attempt to guide two caravans of vehicles through checkpoints, or you can choose to sabotage the mission. Barriers to build and buildings to buy will help your team, and more details will be revealed later.
In addition, the baseball bat finds its way to Verdansk in season four.
Of course, as with all previous seasons, you’ll get four new Prestige Ranks to unlock, and an all-new Battle Pass full of new content. Details on the full Battle Pass will come later this week.
Season four also brings a gift system, which allows you to send the Battle Pass, Battle Pass Bundle, or Store Bundles to each other. Black Ops Cold War.
Black Ops Cold War Warzone Season Four Update File Size And Release Date
The updates will launch on June 17th and will be available to players earlier, so they can appear right at the launch of the new season.
- Black Ops Cold War – June 15 at 9 p.m. PT
- war zone – June 16 at 9 p.m. PT
Update file size
Black Ops Cold War Update Sizes
- Playstation 5: 30 GB
- Playstation 4: 15.5GB
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 31.0GB
- Xbox One: 17.7GB
- pc: 21.6 GB (without HD Pack) / 30.7 GB (with HD Pack)
Warzone update size
- Playstation 5: 11GB
- Playstation 4: 11GB
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 11.2GB
- Xbox One: 11.2GB
- pc: 12.3GB (war zone only) / 13.5 GB (war zone and Modern Warfare)
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Warzone Season four begins June 17 at noon Eastern (June 16 at 9 p.m. Pacific).