- sea of thieves marks the milestone of 1m Pirate Legends with a Legends Week celebration from April 4-11.
- The event includes a closer look at the new Legend of the Veil voyage, a Pirate Legend login gift, and Gold & Glory bonuses for everyone.
- sea of thieves is available free to all players with Xbox Game Pass and on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam.
Our pirate legends are the best of us: tough and tenacious players who have faced everything Sea of Thieves could throw at them to reach the highest levels of the pirate world. We are delighted to share today that we recently passed the figure of one million Pirate Legends in Sea of Thieves! In recognition of this historic moment, we’re kicking off a week of celebratory shenanigans for both our current and future Pirate Legends.
But how do you become a pirate legend? The title is awarded to players who demonstrate their skill and spirit by reaching rank 50 with at least three sea of thieves Trading companies. So whether you spend your time collecting treasure for the Gold Hoarders, mastering the art of fishing with The Hunter’s Call, or sinking other players’ ships in the service of The Reaper’s Bones, the world is your oyster. Mastery of a variety of nautical skills is needed to earn this high honor, but the pace and path you take are uniquely yours.
Along with the Pirate Legend title comes a host of perks: the iconic ‘We Shall Sail Together’ shack unlocks the secret entrance to the Pirate Legend Hideout, where elite legendary items are offered along with travel to build a reputation with Legends-only Trading Company. , The Fortune of Athena. New exclusive Pirate Legend content will also be arriving soon as part of sea of thieves’ current season!
If you’re thinking Pirate Legend status sounds special, that’s because it is, and for us reaching seven figures of Legends is something to be fanfare about, rather than just a tip of the hat to those pirates who’ve persevered this far. So let’s get into what’s planned for the rest of Legends Week after today’s announcement of our millionth milestone!
- 5th of April – We will be offering some amazing stats on the Pirate Legend experience. Have you ever wondered how many legends have maxed out Athena’s fortune or how many journeys players will have to complete to reach legendary status? Jump to these significant statistics in the official Sea of Thieves website and Drunkard social channels
- April 7 – Enjoy an exclusive video about the upcoming Legend of the Veil Voyage, a new replayable experience for Pirate Legends. This Voyage is set to deliver new map types and some memorable scenes, so check back. Sea of Thieves on YouTube on this day to see what awaits our Legends a little later in season six.
- April 8 – In-game activities begin for Pirate Legends, offering double gold and reputation for items delivered to the Mysterious Stranger over the weekend. As an added incentive, some treasure items also provide Athena’s Fortune reputation when they normally wouldn’t.
- April 9th – We highlight some legendary activities in the sea of thieves website, with inspiring Pirate Legend feats on the Community Hub and our inaugural Legend Spotlight – a new type of player profile to sit alongside our regular Community and Creator Spotlights.
- April 10th – The festivities expand to all pirates, with a one-day gold and glory multiplier offering gold, reputation and renown boosts, plus free Merchant Alliance Athena’s Fortune Fireworks and additional bonuses for all pirates generous enough to gift treasures to other players. in this day!
- April 11 – The third and final day for Pirate Legends to log in and receive a silver legendary patch, available from Friday 8th April to Monday 11th April (10am BST). This is also the last day of a special weekend sale at the Pirate Emporium. Be sure to check it out for savings on ship sets, emotes, and pet outfits, including some that are only available for Legends!
Whether you’re a Pirate Legend Hideout veteran, a newly minted Legend, or still on the road to seafaring stardom, we hope you’ll join us for this week-long fest of fun. Stay on top of the sea of thieves website and social channels to stay up to date on the legendary festivities as they unfold.
In closing, we just want to say thank you. To the million players (and counting) who have made it to Pirate Legend, we want to recognize that achievement: thank you for spending hundreds of hours exploring our world and riding the waves. For those of you still on your journey to Pirate Legend, whether you’re at the beginning of that journey or nearing its end, best of luck, and see you on the seas!
sea of thieves
Xbox Live Gold membership required to play on Xbox One; sold separately. ========= About the Game Sea of Thieves offers the essential pirate experience, from sailing and fighting to exploring and plundering – everything you need to live the pirate life and become a legend in your own right. With no set roles, you have complete freedom to approach the world and other players however you like. Whether you’re traveling in a group or sailing solo, you’re sure to meet other crews on this shared world adventure, but will they be friend or foe, and how will you respond? A Vast Open World Explore a vast open world filled with pristine islands, sunken ships, and mysterious artifacts. Go on quests to search for lost treasures, seek out cursed skeleton captains, or gather valuable cargo for trading companies. Go hunting and fishing or choose from hundreds of optional objectives and side quests. Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life Play Tall Tales to experience the unique narrative campaigns of Sea of Thieves and join forces with Captain Jack Sparrow in the new original story that brings Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean sailing to the Sea of Thieves. Thieves. These immersive, cinematic missions provide over 30 hours of the ultimate pirate adventure. Become a Legend On your journey to become a Pirate Legend, you’ll amass loot, build a reputation, and define a unique personal style with your hard-earned rewards. Adventurous. Explorer. Conqueror. What will be your legend? A game that is always growing With five major expansions and nearly a year of monthly updates, Sea of Thieves is a service-based game that is continually growing and evolving. Please check back each month to see what new content has been added.