Square Enix has announced that the sixth, highly anticipated release in the Final Fantasy pixel remaster series, Final Fantasy VI, is now available in Europe for Steam and mobile platforms. Fans can now experience this beloved RPG as a 2D pixel remaster in an enhanced way, with updated graphics and audio.
FINAL FANTASY VI is considered one of the most beloved games in the Final Fantasy series. The game sends players on a journey with a diverse troupe of playable characters, each with their own stories, goals, and fortunes. Players can customize their teammates’ skills, spells and summons with the highly acclaimed magicite system.
The Final Fantasy VI pixel remaster lets players experience the beloved opera scene in a new way, including new voices and animations. Fans can now experience the iconic scene with spoken voices in Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Korean*.
* The language of the voices is determined by the language selected on the game’s configuration page. Players who selected an unsupported language will have their voices set to English or Japanese by default.
In addition, players can enjoy many improvements and updates for FINAL FANTASY VI, including:
• Universally enhanced 2D pixel graphics, featuring iconic FINAL FANTASY pixel designs from original artist and current co-developer Kazuko Shibuya.
• Beautiful new arrangements of the soundtrack in faithful FINAL FANTASY style, curated under the supervision of original composer Nobuo Uematsu.
• Improved gameplay, including modernized user interface, auto-combat options and more.
• Various extras such as the bestiary, the illustration gallery and the music player.
Those who purchase Final Fantasy VI on Steam before March 9 will receive a variety of early purchase bonuses, including four wallpapers, five music tracks and a 20% discount. The wallpapers, instrumental music tracks and the special timelapse music tracks (which start as the original tracks but gradually transition into the new arrangements) are available as early purchase bonuses or via the bundle on Steam. It concerns the following tracks:
• The Decisive Battle (Time Lapse Remix)
• Terra’s Theme (Timelapse Remix)
• Searching for Friends (Time Lapse Remix)
• Locke’s Theme (Time Lapse Remix)
• Aria di Mezzo Carattere (instrumental)
All six games of the pixel remaster series are bundled for sale as the Final Fantasy I-VI bundle for even more discount.