god drop Comes to PS Plus, but not really, because it becomes the Godfall: Challenger Edition. What that means, and everything else that comes in the new update has just been detailed in the patch notes released by Counterplay games.
In short, the Challenger Edition by god drop is not the full game, just the endgame. You start out with a character fully maximized, with maximum gear to boot. It’s a way to notify everyone who is about to download the game PS Plus a chance to get right into the mix.
You can watch the latest trailer for: Godfall: Challenger Edition and the upcoming update for yourself, here:
You cannot access any kind of mission or activity in the game, only the endgame activities. What’s also good to note is that if you already own the game and also want to jump to a max character, you can.
Current owners can start a new character when the update launches, using the same settings as those playing the game through the Challenger Edition. That all comes up Dec 7, 2021.
You can check out the full patch notes for update 4.1.9 for yourself here:
Godfall Update 4.1.9 Patch Notes:
- Fixed an issue where Epic Earth items from Dreamstones were not awarded to the player.
- Fixed an issue where players could experience a stutter when closing their first Dark Tear.
- Fixed an issue where players could choose the same curse on different Dark Tears.
- Fixed an issue where yellow beacons activated during the first exploration phase in Lightbringer would not show the direction of light caches during their second phase.
- Fixed a multiplayer issue where community chests in AToT would not receive the bonus awarded by extra loot.
- Fixed a multiplayer issue where selecting a Curse could not properly apply the Curse to the player who chose the Curse.
- Fixed several animation, VFX and rendering issues.
- Fixed several environmental collision issues in the realms.
- Fixed several issues with low poly environment pieces that would not update based on distance.
- Fixed an issue where a connection error could occur when collecting numerous loot items and then returning to the Sanctum.
- Fixed an issue where watching Archon Fury Spirit Warriors would cause a noticeable FPS loss.
- Fixed an issue where quickly defeating enemies and/or collecting loot could cause a queue delay when interacting with chests or blessing/curse resources