PS5 Wifi 5 Ghz Problems – How to Fix. If you’ve been wondering why your PS5 starts downloading games and data and then stops downloading games and data a few GB later and refuses to continue, we have the answer for you here.
The PS5 seems to have a hard time switching between Wi-Fi bands on a connected network. In fact, it also seems that under current system software, the PS5 will only consistently work with the slower 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band offered by virtually all Wi-Fi routers.
Until Sony releases a software update to allow a consistent connection to the 5GHz Wi-Fi band, until then you will need to use the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi band using the steps below.
- Go to Settings’
- Navigate to ‘Network’
- Click on ‘Settings’
- Then go to ‘Set up internet connection’
- Highlight the Wi-Fi network you want to connect your PS5 to
- Press the Options button (the button with the three straight lines) on the DualSense controller
- Select ‘Wi-Fi Frequency Bands’ and make sure it is set to 2.4 Ghz
- Restart your PS5 console
- Download a PS4 or PS5 game from your library
- The game should download fine – it just takes longer than usual
Related Content – Sony PS5 Complete Guide – A total resource on PlayStation 5
We hope you found this article helpful. Hope Sony will release a system update soon to fix these PS5 Wifi 5GHz issues!