Guerrilla games has announced the Horizon Forbidden West Update 1.06 Patch Notes for your consumption, which comes with a boatload of fixes for areas like game crashes, graphics, quests and more.
Related Content – Sony PS5 Complete Guide – Everything Explained on PlayStation 5 for New Users
SOLUTIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Reach for the Stars’ main mission where Varl could get stuck while swimming resulting in a missing prompt to [Examine the Machine Carcass] at the Glinthawk Observatory, blocking further progress.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Reach for the Stars’ main mission where Varl visibly teleported after the Focus scan tutorial.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Reach for the Stars’ main mission where Aloy could get stuck in a falling animation when she grabbed a collapsing climb point while using the Pullcaster on a grab point.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Reach for the Stars’ main mission where the sunlight suddenly changed when Aloy crossed a certain spot in the shuttle tower.
- Fixed an issue in the “Death’s Door” main mission where reloading a particular save caused the Firegleam blast to replay.
- Fixed an issue in the main mission ‘The Dying Lands’ where Aloy and her companions got snow covered while in the cauldron.
- Fixed an issue in the main mission ‘The Broken Sky’ where Kotallo was sometimes distracted and wandered from the task which could block further progress.
- Fixed an issue in the main mission ‘The Broken Sky’ where Aloy was placed in an unintended pose when reloading a particular save.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest ‘The Kulrut’ where an objective marker led to a blocked path.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Seeds of the Past’ main mission where Alva was sometimes unable to reach the console and blocked progress.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Seeds of the Past’ main mission where reloading the save after killing the machines outside the Elm Test Station caused Aloy to get stuck in the floor.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest ‘Singularity’ where reloading a particular save caused a particular line of dialogue to play incorrectly again.
- Fixed an issue in the side quest ‘The Blood Choke’ where Atekka wouldn’t get into position when needed, thus blocking its progress.
- Fixed an issue in “The Promontory” side mission where reloading a save after the “Examine the Bridge” goal would place the player in Plainsong.
- The vigilance of machines dampened in side quest “The Wound in the Sand” so that they no longer go into a suspicious state immediately after reloading a particular save.
- Fixed an issue in the “A Tribe Apart” side quest where reloading a save made after opening the metal flower at Riverwatch caused the vines to sprout again.
- Fixed an infinite black screen that would appear after the Champion’s Spear was put away and then a tutorial or challenge started in Chainscrape Melee Pit, or a fixed gear challenge in the Arena.
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron Mu where a platform at the end of the cauldron could flow in late, causing the player to get trapped underneath.
- Fixed an issue in The Stillsands: Pristine Bellowback salvage contract where the wrong machine was spawned when reloading the save after beating the machine.
- Fixed an issue in Machine Strike where the player would no longer be able to attack after choosing to repeat the unit’s combat power instructions.
- Fixed an issue in Machine Strike where the compass appeared on the screen after the player retried a lost match.
- Fixed an issue where a wild loading screen could appear in the Arena menu after returning from a challenge.
- Fixed an issue where scavengers would not appear after killing other machine types in certain habitats.
- Fixed an issue with dome views where the icons would not display correctly after reloading a save.
- Fixed an issue in Salvage Contract: The Lost Supplies where the quest could not be returned under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the song “The World on Her Shoulders” was repeated if the player was using fast travel after climbing a signal tower. Please note that this has not been resolved for players who have already encountered this issue, we are investigating a separate solution for this.
- Removed haptic feedback when standing next to a campfire and when traveling fast when the vibration intensity sliders are set to 0.
- Fixed an issue where a Vista image for a Black Box collectible appeared in the menu.
- Fixed multiple instances of objects in the world showing up visibly between different levels of detail.
- Fixed an issue in photo mode where parts of Aloy’s outfit and body became blurry in certain poses.
- Improved visual differentiation of the attack and movement indicators in Machine Strike.
- Fixed a cosmetic issue with the underwater cube map.
- Fixed an issue where a blurry artifact was visible around the heavy crossbow when used in combat.
- Fixed several cases where the camera would shake and behave unintentionally.
- Several editable quest items had the wrong model in the workbench interface, which have now been replaced with the latest assets.
- Fixed issue with Parallax Mapped Foam by removing variable height scale in favor of a constant value; when the original dynamic input value got too high, it started separating the parallax layers. To correct the annoying separation of the layers at viewing angles, the height scale is set by a bit of Fresnel logic.
- Fixed several instances of NPCs in settlements not displaying the correct level of detail when playing the PS4 version of the game.
- Fixed an issue in the Chainscrape Tavern where moving the camera in one spot caused sudden changes in lighting.
- Improved noise reduction in environmental occlusion of the screen space.
- Reduced the intensity of the vignette screen effect when activating Valor Surges and when Aloy was in low health.
Performance and stability
- Multiple crash fixes.
- Fixed multiple items that would visibly enter or stream during movie shooting.
- Fixed several unintended loading screens/black screens that would trigger at specific points.
- Aloy won’t mention her stock as often as before.
- Multiple localization fixes and text alignment fixes.
- Multiple visual and audio improvements to cinematics.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy would freeze in a specific pose when switching weapons during a charged heavy melee attack.
- Fixed an issue where reassigning Primary Fire control to R1 prevented the player from throwing stones.
- The spear strike when using ‘Strike From Above’ was missing a sound effect which has now been added.
- Fixed an issue where the player would lose control of Aloy if he sprinted and slipped into the water at a specific spot in the ruins north of Landfall.
- Fixed a problem with the camera during the credits.
- Fixed several cases where the mountain behaved erratically in certain locations while driving on the road.
[Source – Reddit]