Koch Media yesterday unveiled its new premium gaming label Prime Matter, whose mission is to bring great immersive games from studios around the world.
Due to Koch Media’s continued growth as the premier global publishing services provider for developers both large and small, the company has decided to expand its label portfolio to meet the growing demands of an increasingly diverse audience.
The new label will publish an extensive portfolio of new titles in various genres, as well as existing brands from the likes of Warhorse Studios.
Operated out of Koch Media headquarters in Munich, Prime Matter is a dynamic mix of seasoned industry veterans and fresh new faces; a great team of diverse, multicultural gaming experts.
Industry veteran Mario Gerhold heads Prime Matter, which works with Koch Media’s global publishing offices and development partners. Prime Matter shows creativity, expressiveness and passion for games that will enchant you with captivating stories, incredible moments and extraordinary experiences.
“Prime Matter is a new place for premium games, offering both current and future partners the expertise of the Koch Media Group. A new and dynamic team is also ready to use the maximum potential.”, says Koch Media CEO Klemens Kundratitz.
“The core of the video game industry is, of course, entertainment. Prime Matter will continue to innovate and inspire gamers, while maintaining the core values of what makes our industry so special; it’s just fun.”, he adds.
Today’s launch of Prime Matter coincides with the announcement of a number of new IPs and titles on the new label from a diverse group of worldwide studios. Among which:
• Payday 3 – By Starbreeze Studios (Sweden) – The latest installment in this explosive first-person co-op shooter game is set in a Hollywood-esque environment. You play the role of a career criminal who joins the PAYDAY gang and perfects the art of robbery.
• Crossfire: Legion Smilegate and Prime Matter team up for the release of the RTS game Crossfire: Legion, developed by Canadian developer Blackbird Interactive. The world of Crossfire provides the perfect environment for an RTS, due to its unique vision of futuristic warfare and warring factions.
• The new Painkiller game – The legendary Painkiller series is back! Stay tuned for more information.
• King’s Bounty 2 – King’s Bounty II is being developed by 1C Entertainment (Russia) and is the RPG successor to the well-known franchise that used to mean a lot for the RPG Strategy world.
• (New IP) Scars Above – by Mad Head Games (Serbia) is a dark sci-fi action adventure where a lone protagonist must survive in a dangerous nightmare world.
• (New IP) Codename Final Form (working title) – from Polish developer Reikon Games is a thrilling futuristic FPS where the player controls a mechanical Valkyrie who must save humanity from destruction.
• Gungrave GORE – is a stylish Third-Person Action Shooter by South Korean studio IGGYMOB. You control Grave, an undead sniper and the anti-hero of your dreams, who mows down hundreds of enemies in a bloody bullet ballet.
• (New IP) Dolmen – Developed by the Brazilian Massive Work Studio. DOLMEN is a terrifying new Action-RPG, a cross between futuristic science fiction and lovecraftian cosmic horror.
• (New IP) The Last Oricru – Developed by GoldKnights (Czech Republic). The Last Oricru is a Third-Person Action-RPG that takes place in a unique environment that combines the Middle Ages with Sci-Fi elements.
• (New IP) Echoes of the End (working title) – developed by the Icelandic studio Myrkur Games. A narrative Singleplayer Action Adventure game set in a unique fantasy world, in which Ryn must search for her true purpose.
• (New IP) The Chant (working title) – developed by Canadian studio Brass Token. This psychological thriller is an atmospheric Third-Person horror adventure.
• (New IP) Encased – from Russian developer Dark Crystal Games. A classic RPG where the player must discover the mysteries of an alien civilization.
• Kingdom Come Deliverance from Warhorse Studios (Czech Republic) is officially coming to Nintendo Switch, in partnership with Saber Interactive.
In addition, a number of legacy games from studios that already work with Koch Media will also be released on the new label. These include the new game from Warhorse Studios, Outward from Canada’s Nine Dots Studio for Gen 9 as well as Mount and Blade II: Bannerlords from Taleworlds (Turkey), also coming to consoles.
“Games are born from the minds and hearts of developers. Prime Matter is aimed at maximizing this potential of the studios and amplifying their dream or vision; one of our core values is supporting and empowering studios, giving them the opportunity and freedom within their game to express themselves as they deserve,” said Mario Gerhold, Global Brand & Marketing Director (Games) at Koch Media Group.
“Some of our industry’s most beloved IPs started out as crowdfunded projects, or projects outside the mainstream that the developers really believed in…the past has proven that inspiration and talent are not defined by stereotypes,” he adds.
The Koch Media Group now consists of five publishing divisions: Prime Matter (HQ Munich, Germany), Deep Silver (HQ Reading, England), Milestone (HQ Milan, Italy), Vertigo (HQ Rotterdam, Netherlands) and Ravenscourt (HQ Munich , Germany).
“Over the past 25 years of success, we have seen Koch Media grow significantly”, said Mr. Kundratitz. “From ambitious indies taking their first steps and needing full development and publishing support without jeopardizing their dream, to major studios needing our extensive global distribution and publishing network; the more possibilities we created, the more logical it was to add another string to our bow.” he added.