Insomniac Games has rolled out a patch for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, which disables automatic 120 Hz display output in Performance and Performance RT modes due to visual compatibility issues with certain displays. In addition, game version 1.001.003 brings general stability improvements and various bug fixes.
Patch notes are as follows:
General repairs and polish
- Improved overall game stability
- Prevent players from getting stuck if a weapon video doesn’t play
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck during the Phantom Chase
- Fixed an issue where Rivet could spawn without the hammer
- Fixed an issue where Rivet could get stuck after collecting Zurpstones in Challenge Mode
- Various additional solutions
- Auto 120 Hz display output disabled in performance modes
- Prior to this update, if “Enable 120 Hz Output” was set in the system settings, using Performance RT or Performance mode would automatically detect a 120 Hz compatible display and use a 120 Hz output mode. While this didn’t change the game’s frame rate, it did reduce input latency by ~8ms. Entering this mode, however, introduced visual compatibility issues with some screens that we didn’t feel comfortable imposing on players automatically. We are exploring ways to reintroduce this input latency reduction feature in a future update.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart released on June 11 to universal acclaim. The game has made a great start to retail in the UK, becoming Insomniac Games’ second title to top the charts within a year and the series’ biggest launch to date. Digital sales data and data for other regions will be made public in due course.