Devolver Digital and Flying Wild Hog announced that: Shadow Warrior 3 will now be released in 2022 rather than 2021. Breaking with Twitter’s traditional apologies and statements, the companies have opted to release an “official 2022 delay trailer.”
There’s not much to see in the video below, expect some craziness. Flying Wild Hog has said it will take more time to make a quality product and will announce a release date in due course.
Shadow Warrior 3 will send Lo Wang and his sidekick Orochi Zilla on a mission to recapture an ancient dragon. They must traverse dangerous areas to track down the creature and prevent an apocalypse. The game is set in neo-feudal Japan.
- Bring a katana to a gunfight – Perform a symphony of death at each encounter by combining overwhelming firepower with devastatingly precise katana strikes as you run in and around the demonic hordes.
- Excessive Footwork – Flow between agile movement techniques including air jumps, wall runs, double jumps and the beautiful new grappling hook breaks your combat and movement options wide open in every battle.
- Run and then destroy – Perform spectacular finishing moves to claim part of your vanquished enemy and unleash his powers back on the horde in a burst of unstoppable fury and powerful magic.
- Dynamic Combat Arenas – Each environment is lined with dangerous structures and devices that can be activated to add a new creative layer to the offensive strategy.
- Neo feudal Japan – Trek through a mythical Asian land infused with the magic and technology of ancient samurai, now overrun by the demonic yokai of Japanese folklore.
- funny business – Brace yourself for expertly delivered one-liners from Lo Wang, pointed banter with Zilla, and an intense thrill of absurd predicaments on their way to turn doomsday into a new day.
We will update our readers when a release date is announced.