Today, we’re excited to celebrate the launch of the Xbox app on 2022 Samsung Smart TVs, allowing you to play hundreds of cloud-enabled Xbox Game Pass games like Infinite Halo, Forza Horizon 5Y Microsoft Flight Simulator no console.
Starting today in 27 countries, you can turn on your 2022 Samsung Smart TV, navigate to the Xbox app on the new Samsung Gaming Hub or Media Hub, connect your Bluetooth controller, and play. It’s as simple as using any other streaming app on your TV.
Here’s what you need to know to get started:
Playing Xbox games on 2022 Samsung Smart TVs is a seamless experience. To make sure you’re ready to play, here’s what you’ll need:
- To access the Xbox app, you’ll need one of yesSamsung SmartTV 2022.
- To play the hundreds of cloud-enabled games in the Game Pass library, you’ll need a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Membership.
- If you don’t have a membership and want to try the experience for yourself before signing up, you can play Fortnite free without an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership.
- Almost any Bluetooth-enabled controller will work with the Xbox app, such as the Xbox Wireless Controller, Xbox Adaptive Controller, Elite Series 2 Controller, or DualSense Controller.
How to access the Xbox app
There are two ways to access the Xbox app on a 2022 Samsung Smart TV depending on where you are.
- In some countries, you can access the Xbox app through Samsung’s new Gaming Hub. Simply navigate to the Gaming Hub through the user interface, launch the Xbox app, and you’re ready to go!
- Otherwise, you can navigate to the Samsung App Store from the Samsung Media Hub, search for “Xbox” to download the app to your TV, and launch it to start playing.
As we shared earlier this month, we’re excited to take this first step with Samsung and look forward to keeping you updated during this next evolution of our vision. With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and a controller, you can easily jump into the world of gaming and connect with your friends and communities on Xbox.
We can’t wait to hear what you think of this experience, so please continue to share your feedback with us.
For more details on Xbox Cloud Gaming, look here.