The Xbox team is proud to honor the contributions and importance of the Asian Pacific Islander (API) community. As a second-generation Asian-American, I am excited to not only pay tribute to our culture, customs, and traditions, but also celebrate creators and gamers who share our passion for greater Asian representation and inclusion in gaming. Asians and Pacific Islanders are a richly diverse set of communities representing a myriad of histories and heritages. We’re celebrating this month by amplifying the many voices, stories, and expressions of Asian and Pacific Islander life that have influenced today’s culture, society, and games.
At Xbox, we’re committed to creating a safe place where everyone on the planet can experience the joy of gaming, while championing the unique and diverse content created by innovative Asian and Pacific Islander creators who illuminate the positive role of gaming in their lives. , as well as the power of respectful representation in games. This also includes broadening the perspective that careers and opportunities in games are welcome for all people, and that our industry will benefit greatly from seeing more creators in games representing gamers from all over the world.
Why is more API representation important? Almost half of the 3B+ players on the planet are in Asia (source). When it comes to gaming, the Asian and Pacific Islander community is influential and plays an impactful role as gamers, creators, and viewers. Asian-American households own more video game-related products than the entire US population. (source). We strive to celebrate a global community and the many dimensions of the people within it. We strive to see more Asian and Pacific Islander characters in games that tell our authentic stories and represent our vast cultures.
We invite you to join us in this celebration of the culture and contributions of the Asian and Pacific Islander community. Here are some of the ways Xbox plans to honor this community in May:
Games and impact with Microsoft Rewards
Microsoft Rewards members in the United States can earn and donate points to organizations that support the Asian and Pacific Islander community with Xbox. The following organizations will appear on the console throughout May:
- Asian Americans Promoting Justice | AAJC: advanced justice – AAJC works through policy advocacy, community education, and litigation to advance the civil and human rights of Asian Americans and to build and promote a just and equitable society for all.
- AAPI Equity Alliance: AAPI Equity Alliance (AAPI Equity) is dedicated to improving the lives of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders through civic engagement, capacity building and policy advocacy.
- Stop AAPI Hate: Stop AAPI Hate promotes fairness, justice, and power by dismantling systemic racism and building a multiracial movement to end hate against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
Xbox gamers can earn Microsoft Rewards points in a variety of ways, including playing games or purchasing games after downloading the Microsoft Rewards app on Xbox. Earn points and exchange them for real prizes. join us today Y donate through xbox.
Xbox Plays Livestreams Celebrate Asian and Pacific Islanders in the Game
To celebrate Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, Xbox Plays will dedicate our live streaming content in May to this community, featuring Asian and Pacific Islander players in games, developers, content creators/streamers and Nonprofit organizations. Follow us on our Xbox Twitch channel And don’t miss any of the action!
Xbox Ambassadors Showcase Asian and Pacific Islander Gaming Community
In the Xbox Ambassador community, we are dedicated to sharing and amplifying the voices of the community. So, in celebration of Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, we asked those who identify as Asian and Pacific Islander in the Xbox Ambassador community how games with diverse representation have impacted them and to share their thoughts. stories about being members of a gaming community. here are their stories.
Discover games curated by Asian and Pacific Islander communities at Microsoft
At any time, visitors to the Microsoft Store on Xbox or Windows and Xbox Game Pass members can access games curated by the Asian and Pacific Islander communities at Microsoft, reflecting the rich diversity of East Asian cultures , South Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific Islands.
review the xbox games Y windows games collections spanning Asian-American creators, protagonists, cultures, creators, and protagonists, as well as games with audio, interface, and subtitles translated into Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
- Life is strange: true colors (Rated M and available with Xbox Game Pass) – Alex Chen, the first Asian-American lead in this award-winning series, uses her psychic power of empathy to try to solve the mystery behind her brother’s death. The story explores the importance of self-care and includes same-gender relationship options.
- Saber (Available with Xbox Game Pass) – Guide Saber through her slide; an initiation rite that will take her on an unforgettable journey. Written by Meg Jayanth, who is Indian, and music composed by Japanese Breakfast, fronted by Korean American Michelle Zauner.
- hello – Inspired by Vietnamese art and culture, Hoa is a beautiful puzzle platformer that features stunning hand-painted artwork, enchanting music, and a calm, relaxing atmosphere.
- apex legends – Playable characters include Rampart, who is voiced by British-Indian actress Anjali Bhimani, and Makoa Gibraltar, a symbol of strength for the LGBTQIA+ and Pacific Islander communities.
- elden ring (Rated M) – A fantasy action role-playing game adventure set in a world created by Hidetaka Miyazaki in collaboration with fantasy novelist George RR Martin.
View the collections in Canada, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Visitors to the Xbox and Microsoft Store on Windows can find selections from the Asian and Pacific Islander community by searching for “API Heritage” and related terms. Content is subject to availability by country.
new player imageprofile theme and avatar elements
In partnership with the Asian and Pacific Islander community on Xbox, we’re introducing a new gamer picture, profile themes, and avatar items! The gamerpic and profile theme will be available on console and in the Xbox app for PC. Get your avatar items here.
343 Industries celebrates APIHM with a new nameplate and emblem
The 343 Industries team celebrates APIHM with new content on Halo Infinite Lone Wolves: Season Two! During the month of May, any player who logs into infinity halo You will receive an exclusive nameplate and emblem celebrating APIHM.
Learn more about everything Xbox is doing to engage our communities in the Xbox Community Center.