Our mission at Xbox is to bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone on the planet. We are committed to achieving this vision by offering great games and services and enabling more people to play than ever before. That’s why we created Xbox Game Pass and continue to expand Cloud Gaming to new devices, so we can open up the ways people can play on the devices they already own: PC, console, mobile, tablet, and now Smart TV.
Last June, we shared our vision to bring Xbox to more gamers by working with global TV manufacturers to bring the Xbox experience to smart TVs. Today, the Xbox team provided an update on our approach and vision, including how we’re bringing last year’s vision to life by bringing the Xbox app to smart TVs, starting with our partner Samsung, the world leader in TVs.
Together, Samsung and Xbox have partnered to bring Xbox Game Pass to the millions of Samsung Galaxy phones around the world, and now we’re partnering again to bring our Xbox gaming experience to your smart TVs in 2022. I’m excited for you to experience gaming. in the cloud on Smart TV on June 30 in 27 countries.
Xbox app now on Smart TV
Playing Xbox games on Samsung Smart TVs 2022 gives Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members easy and instant access to more than 100 high-quality games, including titles from Xbox Game Studios the same day they’re released. And as we recently announced, you can also play Fortnite no membership via cloud gaming.
The Xbox app on Smart TV introduces new opportunities to play:
- If you get a new 2022 Samsung Smart TV, you now have more ways to play games at home.
- If you’re new to gaming, this is an easy way to have fun without buying a PC or console, and also join a thriving community of over 25 million Game Pass members worldwide.
We will first bring the Xbox app to Samsung Smart TVs, and we intend to explore other TV partnerships as part of this next evolution in our vision.
How does it work
Playing Xbox games on Samsung 2022 TVs will be a seamless experience, similar to using other streaming apps on your TV. Simply launch the app, plug in your favorite controller, and start gaming. Here is the step by step:
- Access the Xbox app from the Samsung Gaming Hub and sign in to your existing Microsoft account. If you’re a Game Pass Ultimate member, you’ll have access to hundreds of cloud-enabled games or you can check out Fortnite no membership.
- If you are new to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, join or upgrade today for just $1or you can register directly in the application.
- Connect your favorite Bluetooth-enabled controller, like the Xbox Wireless Controller, Xbox Adaptive Controller, Elite Series 2 Controller, or DualSense Controller. Start playing over 100 high-quality games, from the cloud, including A Plague Tale: Innocence, Hades Y Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction.
We are very excited about what this next step means for all players. With this release, we’re making it easier than ever to play games on the devices you already own. With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and a controller, you can easily jump into the world of gaming and connect with your friends and communities on Xbox.
For more details on today’s Xbox leadership update, read here.