Hello Xbox Experts! We have a new Xbox update preview coming to the Beta ring. It’s important to note that some updates made to these OS preview builds include background improvements that ensure a stable, quality build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when notable UI changes are minimal, so you’ll be aware when updates arrive on your device. Details can be found below!
System update details:
- OS Version Released: XB_FLT_2206CO22000.4898.220502-2200
- Available: 2 pm (Pacific Time) – May 5, 2022
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – May 6, 2022
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are pleased to announce that the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Various updates to correctly reflect locale languages in the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “strange” text in the console; for more information, go here.
We understand that some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items are not ignored, but it will take longer for Xbox engineers to find a solution.
We are still tracking these known issues:
- We have received some reports of users’ controllers getting out of sync or disconnecting from the console randomly. If you encounter this behavior, be sure to report this issue after reconnecting.
- Some users reported that the Xbox button on the Razer Turret is not working to access the Guide.
- Alternate solution: You can use the Windows key or even Windows key + X instead of the Xbox button to access the Guide.
- We are investigating reports that the audio mixer is unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We have received some reports of HDMI-CEC not working properly.
- Note: Make sure your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before submitting feedback.
- Some users reported that the icon for a disc-based title does not appear on the dashboard.
my games and apps
- Collection titles may incorrectly appear with a “test” tag.
- We have received reports that some users are unable to connect to their network when they launch the console. We are aware and investigate.
- Alternate solution: Go to Network Settings and select “Test Network Connection” and the console should connect to the network with no problem. If that doesn’t work, restarting the console should resolve the behavior.
- Note: Be sure to restart the console, and then submit the problem via Report a problem.
- Some users have reported seeing a “flicker” when browsing/browsing the store catalog.
- We have received reports of trailers not playing on product pages.
- Some users have reported that the console is displayed at the wrong resolution when booting. We are aware and investigate.
- Note: If you encounter this behavior, be sure to provide feedback through Report a Problem immediately. Please include the make/model of your TV/display in the description.
- Alternate solution: Restarting the console through the power menu (holding the Xbox button brings up the power menu) should resolve the behavior. If not, make sure you’re looking at troubleshooting herespecifically the section on how to make sure your TV’s firmware is up to date.
make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your problem. We may not be able to answer everyone, but the data we will collect is crucial to finding a solution.
How to get Xbox Insider support
If you are an Xbox Insider looking for support, please contact the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and Xbox Insiders are there to help you with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, check the most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or fixed. We always recommend adding threads with the same problem before posting a new one. This helps us provide you with the best possible support! Don’t forget to “Report a Problem” before posting – information shared in both places helps us better understand your issue.
Thanks to all the Xbox Insiders on the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub for conversation and support.
For more information about the Xbox Insider Program, follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information on your Xbox Update Preview Ring!